Monday, April 03, 2006

God Never Leaves or Forsakes

Mike and I went to Wisconsin this weekend and it was just what we needed. It was carefree, relaxing and just awesome to be around family. God responded greatly to my confusion and fear about raising our funds. My parents gave us their pledge and two other people at my sister's birthday celebration said they were going to support us, they just have to send it in. I read through the post that I made on Friday and I feel totally different today than I did then. Some time yesterday, I had this breif moment of peace that passed through me. Like it was God saying, "It's going to be ok, I have it under control." And then it left. But that's all I needed. I needed that "breath" of peace. I was reading in "Barbarian" today and it made this major statement that spoke greatly to me. It said something to the effect of in the days of Elijah, God was there where the people could hear and see Him. Today, we have to learn to see the invisible and hear the undetected. Since I was little, my Mom has always said that the voice of God is not very often shouting from the mountaintops, but a still, quiet whisper in our ears. How true...

When I am confused and angry and disappointed and emotional, I wonder why I can't hear God speaking to me. I think that it may be because I just can't hear him over my own voice. We talk to Him about our problems and our needs but rarely do we just sit in silence and let Him talk to us. This may be profound, but God wants to help us. I know, crazy, isn't it? We just don't allow Him too. We are too busy hearing the sound of our own voice to step back and just let Him speak. It's amazing to me how lost I can be one day and how it all makes sense the next. It's true...God never leaves or forsakes.

No comments: