Thursday, April 20, 2006

239

239...What could that possibly mean? Scripture verse...nope. Time of day...nope. Score on a test...close. 239...my cholesterol score. Can you even believe it? I can't. To be honest I'm a little embarrassed, confused, taken by surprise. I'm 24. That is, like, ridiculous (in my best valley girl voice). Average is between 100-200 and I am above average. In this case, being above average is not a good thing.

One more thing added to my plate.

I oughtta get used to curve balls, huh? Here I am preparing myself to go into surgery for my wisdom teeth and then I find out that I have high cholesterol? UGH!!! Under normal circumstances, someone with high cholesterol would go to the doctor...they would monitor you, you would change your diet and increase your exericize. This isn't a normal circumstance. I'm about to the leave the country! Which means I will most likely have to be put on cholesterol meds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? People in their 50's worry about this kind of stuff...not someone fresh out of college.

Ok, so what do I learn from this? What is God trying to bring to my attention? How can I change my lifestyle? What a rude awakening. Before the only number I cared about was 54...the number of days until we leave for the Dominican. Now the only number I can think about is 239.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
that is high but it will be higer when you are under stress. just what the diet and you will be fine!