Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I just need to breathe...

The day is drawing nearer...the dreaded surgery day. Yes...it is only wisdom teeth, but it has been over 6 years since I have gone under the knife! The last time was when I had my knee put back together. Man, I seriously do my best to not think of the negatives that could come up, but when the oral surgeon said, "Now, there is a slight chance that I will hit this underlying nerve and if I bump it, bruise it or cut it, you will lose feeling in your lips, tongue, and cheeks. You may also lose your sense of taste." Well gee wizz...SUPER! And I'm thinking, "If you were a good surgeon, you wouldn't even be telling me this right now." Ok, so that's not true. He probably is a great surgeon, but I mean, that is not any news that you want to hear.

Things are getting a little hectic around here. The people still have not come up with a time that they can pick up Simba and he's just not getting the attention he needs. We have so much to do with me having surgery tomorrow, the yard sale Friday and Saturday, my last Marion Lightning game Saturday afternoon and continual packing...he really needs to get to his new home. It makes me sad, but I am getting to the point where I'm like, "Is God trying to tell me that these aren't the people to take Simba?" Ugh....I suppose I need to just be grateful that my worst problem right now is finding time to meet up with my dog's new owners. I just need to breathe...

No comments: