Tuesday, April 18, 2006

God Bless the People at IWU

Well, it has been a while since I have posted...sorry about that. We have had a long weekend of driving to Virginia. Our trip there was great. It was just what the doctor ordered. Rest, relaxation and Debbie's cooking! She spoiled us ridiculously with an apple pie, strawberry pie and Cheesecake brownies! Man-o-man was I stuffed all weekend.

Yesterday, Mike and I had the opportunity to make our first DR presentation to the Adult and Professional Studies departments at Indiana Wesleyan University. I was so nervous, I felt unprepared and I just wanted everything to go smoothly. I kept praying and asking God for Peace, and He gave it to me. The presentation went awesome...I felt so much more comfortable with Mike up there with me. It made me excited for other future presentations.

After our slide show, we began to sit down and Kathy (co-worker) told us we weren't allowed to sit down yet. She handed us an envelope that we later counted with almost $700.00 in it! PRAISE JESUS!!!! What a blessing. The most amazing part was Kathy had asked someone to pray over us and said if anyone wanted to come up and pray they could. So many people stood up from my department and from the department that Mike is a student worker for. It was very emotional to feel their hands on us and hear them lifting our ministry up in prayer. It was surreal and an experience that I hope I will partake in more times down the road. I definitely felt God's people surrounding us in the comfort of prayer and God smiling down kind of saying, "now that's how the church body is supposed to take care of each other." It was nothing short of awesome. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have worked with this group of people at IWU. I would not have received the welcoming I did, anywhere else. God Bless the people at IWU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We received a blessing as well, Amanda!

Mike and Amanda said...

Thanks Mark....

John & Chris Buntain said...

I really enjoyed your presentation. As a missionary I have realized the nervousness and the blessings.
God Bless - John