Monday, April 24, 2006

Road to the DR

I survived the knife! Well, actually, I didn't even encounter a knife. The Oral Surgeon said all he had to do was pull. I didn't even require stitches! Isn't that amazing? Basically, it went as good as it possibly could have gone. Some time you will have to ask Mike about the experience of me on pain killers! Apparently, it was quite the show!!! But would you expect anything less from me? Probably not. Anyway, Praise Jesus for His faithfulness and all of you for your prayers. It was so much better than I expected.

Things are going absolutely crazy fast right now. The long list of events on our schedule seem to be getting checked off faster than I thought. In two days, it is my last day of work! CRAZY!!! And Mike graduates on Saturday and we move a week from today! Holy cow. I can't believe it.

A huge praise is that Simba's new owners came and picked him up on Friday night. What a mix of emotions. We got a call from them saying they were coming and about 10 minutes later they showed up. It was very scattered and I was DESPERATELY trying not to cry. I failed. I held it together pretty well until they put him in the car and he was sticking his little face out of the back seat window. He licked my face as I was saying good bye and the tears exploded. I just had to walk inside cause I didn't really feel like being an emotional mess in front of them. But God gave me an awesome amount of peace the next day. I didn't feel empty or sad or like I was missing a part of me like I thought I would. Twice I went to the back room to let him out of his cage and two or three times I heard a dog bark and thought it was Simba. But overall it was really just a relief that we didn't have that responsibility among the millions of things that have been going on and will continue to go on as the week passes. I will miss him, definitely, but God provided awesome people that will spoil him rotten and give him the attention that he completely deserves.

Huge praise...we made $500.00 in the sale of our personal belongings! How incredible and what an absolute blessing. We still have about 2 garbage bags full of clothes to donate and about four boxes of "knick knacks" but all in all, we sold the things that needed to be sold. It was also a really great chance for us just to kick back and relax. We sat in our little lawn chairs, drank some soda and chatted. It was a lot of fun just to enjoy each other's company and forget about our fast-paced lives ahead, even if it was just for a few hours.

So things seem to be going quite well and in order as crazy as that order is. I'm excited to see where God will continue to open the doors on our road to the DR.

No comments: