Friday, March 31, 2006

It's Just One of those Days

Ok...so I've held it together pretty well so far when thinking about the impossible task of raising funds. I have to say...today is one of those panic days. The countdown continues to 74 days til departure and so far we haven't even raised enough money for our plane tickets to the DR, let alone living expenses while we are there. I don't know whether to just shake it off as one of God's life lessons of trust and faith or to be disappointed in the fact that we sent out 150 letters to people and only 12 have responded. Asking for money from people is a ridiculously hard thing to do. I hate doing it (I mean aside from when you were like 10 years old and you asked your parents for money to buy the Hansen CD). In fact, I'm really uncomfortable doing it. I know that will change once I get to see first hand the provisions of God, but right now in the beginning stages, this is really difficult. Mike is cool as a cat. But he's an MK (Missionary Kid) and has seen the money come in when you don't think it will. And yes, God has totally taken care of our financial needs in the past. Our bank account has never been in the red. But that is on such a smaller scale than raising the amount of money we have to raise. We have to raise 3x what we make now!!! Do I think God can do it? Yes. Is it nerve-wracking while we're waiting? Absolutely. Maybe this comes down to the fact that I'm making this too much about me. I'm afraid. I'm afraid God has called us to this and then He will change His mind. I'm afraid of putting myself out there and asking for funds and then not getting what we need. I'm afraid of the humiliation that I could face if we don't get to go and all those people who will say "we knew it wouldn't work out." I've been to the Dominican, my heart is already there. Yep...I'm making this too much about me. I'll knock it off...I promise. It's just one of those days.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

No comments: