Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Beginning of the Adventure


If you can believe it, we are 77 days away from departure!!! A new phase in our lives is about to begin. We are moving to the Dominican Republic.

It started back in the begining of January when we were called by our good friend, Will. He called to let us know that the organization he was with, G.O. Ministries (http://www.go-ministries.org/) was looking for someone who knew graphic design and photography as well as someone who could run their soccer ministry. Are you kidding??? If you could describe us in three words it would be: ministry, media and SOCCER!!!! What an awesome opportunity. We were immediately interested and less than a week later we were standing in front of Brook's (President of G.O.) door. Two days later, driving home, we knew our lives would be forever changed.

So here we are, starting a blog to keep our friends and family informed and introduce ourselves to the wide world of bloggers. We only hope that this will be another avenue for us to spread God's word and get more people involved in the ministry at the Dominican Republic!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Amanda and Mike are up to today? Am I the very first one to post on their blogspot???
I need to get a UN and PW so I can post all the time! That way I can keep you posted and you can keep me posted!!
Lou Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Dave said he is out of DR coffee. Is it too soon to ask you to send some more??
LA for Dave

Kim Mierau said...

amanda, i'm so excited for you guys! and i like that our whole office can now stalk you online. ;)

Anonymous said...

WEll I am getting a UN and PW as I type... well after... thanks for the credit in the first entry. I love you and I cant wait to hear all about your adventures!!

T

Anonymous said...

you crazy kids...this is a good way to keep everyone updated. can't believe you're moving to a foreign country!!

Anonymous said...

Remember that God will bring who he wants to read what you write so don't be discouraged. If it is only one person, other than your family (we don't count of course), it's one more for Him. I love you, Dad