Thursday, March 30, 2006

Maybe I am being ridiculous...


The saga continues. It's hard enough having to find a new home for some"one" that is practically your son, but now that it is getting down to the wire, it's even harder to not be able to even FIND a home for him. People either want older, well-trained dogs or cute little puppies. No one wants a year and a half year old teenager (in dog years). Man, how weird. I'm totally fine with moving to a foreign country with the chance of not seeing my family for 6 months or more, but I have a harder time with giving up my dog! That is twisted. I would love to have Simba come down with us, but what kind of life would he have? We would be busy all the time so he would have to stay in the house. It's going to be ridiculously hot (which he is not used to at all) living in a country where dogs are more the scum of the Earth than loved pets. It doesn't seem that God is leading us to bring him on our journey, but why hasn't he brought us a suitable owner?

This is one of those Faith things, isn't it...he's gonna keep me on the edge, holding on by the skin of my teeth so that I learn to trust in Him and have Faith that He will provide. Goodness...this stuff is hard. It may seem little and trivial to those that haven't met Simba or have never really shared that type of bond with animal. But this is a dog that I have raised since he was 7 weeks old, scared and missing his mom. We've gone through Parvo scares, mid-day jogs, being hit by a car, Vet bills, laying on the couch watching movies....this is starting to sound like a boyfriend! ha. But really, I've invested so much time into his life and he has depended on me to keep him alive and take care of him. Maybe this is so hard because I think he's going to feel like I am abandoning him. This makes me think twice about children. If I can get this attached to a dog in a year and a half, I am going to be absolutely ridiculous over my own flesh and blood.

Maybe I am being ridiculous...

No comments: