Monday, May 01, 2006

the long haul

I know you all have been waiting anxiously for my next blog. I'm sorry it has been so long, life has been a little busy. Almost 5 days, two Uhauls and insane nights of sleep later, we are almost ready to leave for Louisville. I'm almost certain that I will sleep for about 4 days when we get there. Everynight for the last several nights I have been waking up at 5am. Well, today it was 4am, hence the time that I am writing this. I can't get the million of thoughts out of my head. Too much going on I'm sure. Mike told me to think of a soccer game or a vacation or something to try and calm myself, but with my creative mind it turns into an entire production by the end of the thought. Oh well, most nights I just got up and did something to pack, tonight I'm at the Diedrich's and I don't know how to work their TV so I'm just chillin' on the computer.

Anyway, so today's the big day. Kinda crazy that it is here already. I swear it was just yesterday that we took our first visit to meet with Brook and talk about the possibility of becoming missionaries with their organization. Now, here we are 4 months later and things are rapidly moving. Kinda exciting, dontcha think? I'm somewhat dreading the adventure of driving all of our junk (yes, junk...I can't believe how much stuff two people can accumulate) and unpacking it. But eh, only a few hours out of my life, right? I have to say, this experience has definitely given me second thoughts of EVER moving again.

Praise though, I've gotten in touch with a couple of friends from my past at Palm Beach Atlantic. I have been thinking about them a lot lately and just wondering what they have all been up to and my friend Amy advised me that they were all on MySpace. I know, I know...I sighed too when I heard the word MYSPACE. I seriously have not wanted anything to do with that thing ever since I heard of the craze people had over it. But it brought me back together with some old pals, so I can't complain. Of course its a little crazy, all of my friends are married and most of them have babies already (or on the way). It kinda puts life in crazy perspective when you realize you are old enough for your peers to have children.

Well, that is all. I don't know how frequently I will be able to update because Grandma Basham (Where we're staying) still uses dial-up and I really don't know how much patience I have. I promise that I will grin and bare it for at least twice a week or any other time I have access to high speed internet. We're officially about to start the long haul.

No comments: