Monday, May 08, 2006

Does Life Ever Slow Down?

I am sorry to all of you "faithful readers" that I have not been more faithful in my posting. Nevertheless, here I am.

Things have been quite crazy. Leaving Marion took a LOT more work than we anticipated. But we finally arrived in Louisville a week ago and I feel like I have been sleeping ever since. Haha. Not really. But every chance we get, we do sleep. :) We had the awesome opportunity to attend the Kentucky Derby. We worked the merchandise booths for all three days. It was very cool to experience such an awesome historic place. The infield was interesting, filled with many many many intoxicated individuals, but seeing the women in their fancy dresses, big hats and high heels shoes made it all worth it. Ah...the things women will do for fashion. You KNOW that half of them were faking their smiles by the end of the day because my feet hurt wearing tennis shoes all day, let alone 6 inch stilletos.

We are in Virginia right now visiting Mike's family. We had another church presentation yesterday at their church. The church has decided to support us at $3000/yr. What a blessing! We continue to stay encouraged and still definitely feel God's leading to the Dominican Republic. In fact, I feel like this is more what God is calling us to do than ever because Satan is attacking us hard...and from every angle.

We need some major prayer this week concerning something that started many months ago. A lot of you know the awful experience we had with our wedding photographer...well the situation has escalated and it couldn't have come at a worse time. Please just keep this in your prayers as I know this is something that Satan is trying to use to discourage me.

The next thing on our docket is rest and relaxation until we return to Kentucky on Wednesday. We will be going golfing tomorrow, which if you haven't heard, has become my latest obsession. I've avoided the sport for 24 years, even though I have parents that love and adore golf. But of course, I have to marry into a family that loves and adores golf even more than my family does. I finally gave in and went golfing a couple weeks ago and now I'm pretty sure it's all I think about. I might have even had a dream about pink golf clubs last night (on sale at Target for $150.00)!!!

I will try and be more disciplined about updating. Hopefully things won't feel quite so fast-paced although it is already the second week in May. Wow. Does life ever slow down?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not allowed to own Pink golf clubs...I don't know if we could still be friends if you did:)