Wednesday, May 31, 2006

June 13th here we come!

I know that it can't possibly be May 31st....whelp...I guess it is. Ok, ok time is flying by WAY too fast. Things are going great around here. We are absolutely staying as busy as humanly possible. Mike and I both only have one more weekend of traveling...WOO HOO! The following weekend we are home for the first time since we moved to Louisville (that's Loo-uh-vulle for those of you who are non-natives). Then the weekend after next we are on our way to the Dominican Republic. I can hardly wait for it. We are so ridiculously excited we can hardly sit still.

Mike and I have been busy bees in the office. They had NO trouble putting me to work especially. Now I have an idea of the crunch of deadlines needed to be a graphic designer. I'm so excited for this opportunity though. I feel like I'm getting MAJOR real world experience, in the comfort of a Christian environment.

Totally STOKED...I got my Nikon D-70 last week. It is absolutely the coolest camera EVER!!!! I can't wait to start shooting pics. I'm taking it to my friend's (Renee) wedding this weekend to get a feel for it.

Right now, we have enough money to go to the Dominican for the summer. Our plane tickets are booked to come back August 22nd. If the rest of our money comes in while we are in the DR, then we can stay. We are DESPERATELY praying for this scenario but know that we rest in God's will and safely in His hands.

We have a major opportunity to get the rest of our money in from a foundation called the Arlington Foundation. They give the tithe from the family-owned company to the foundation and then out to non-profits like us. We could get up to $50,000 which would be unbelievably amazing. Please be praying for this opportunity, it could be the break we have been praying for.

Welp, that's an update for you. Lots of fun things going on that we are so excited for. Please continue to pray for us, as we need it now more than ever. We miss you all! June 13th here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey goody its tamara!! i havent gotten any emails yet tisk tisk..anyway! glad to see your havin fun and everything..soccers going okay but we miss you DEARLY!! welp email me or something!LOVE YA!!
PS
hello to mike too (kevin)!!