Friday, February 03, 2012

Girls Group 2 - Week 3

This post is going to prove just how behind I am on blogging. Sheesh.

Week 3 was also Christmas week. Which for me, means party. Really, I look for any reason to party. But I wanted to make sure they knew why we celebrate Christmas. And honestly, here, getting presents and going crazy decorating and getting all wrapped up in the hustle and bustle aren't distractions. So what better time to make sure they understood the Reason for Christmas.

I had Yolibeth (from the first girls group) read the Birth of Jesus to the younger girls. Surprisingly, they were pretty attentive and not too distracted or antsy. Yoli is such a light to me. She is sweet, tender-hearted, reserved, laid back, caring, thoughtful and the list goes on. I really hope these younger girls find a way to cling to her and look up to her. She is an incredible example of a teenager doing her best to take the right paths.

Photobucket

There's Estefany. My little artist.

Photobucket

My mom sent a Christmas package down to us which included SUPER cute cupcake papers. The girls went CRAZY over them. They thought they were so adorable. It took them almost a half an hour to start digging in because they didn't want to throw the paper away. Thanks, Mama!!!

Photobucket

The older girls and I listened to music and cut out snowflakes. I thought it would be something fun for us to do considering none of them have EVER seen snow. They were a little unsure at first but by the end of the morning we had a pile of about 50 of them.

Photobucket

They also stayed after their class to help Yudy make new window treatments for the holidays. Our snowflakes fit perfectly with her theme and the girls did an awesome job. Yudy was so excited because she said it was the first time she didn't have to do it alone. She loved seeing the girls take some ownership of the church, even if it was just to make some decorations.

My teenage decorators, oh yeah, and Yudy!

Photobucket

It was bitter sweet saying goodbye because I knew I was going to take the next week off to spend some time with our little family. But it was a great way to close out 2011 and look forward to the New Year!

Photobucket

No comments: