Thursday, February 02, 2012

Girls Group 2 - Week 2 (continued)

Just a quick continued update on the older group.

Week 2 is a great week to chat and have fun. We cut out cute outfits from a magazine (some completely inappropriate, others super fashionable) to discuss what we should wear and why. It sparked some good conversation considering all of these girls are 15 and under and sometimes wear clothes that are a bit too provocative. We talked a lot about the difference between being "classy, sexy" and being "trashy/sexy." I finally got some laughs out of them. (And on a side note: the word "sexy" in Spanish is completely different than in English. Here it just means you look smashing.)

Photobucket

We added a new girl to our older girls' group, named Mirianni. She is 15 and I love her. She is spunky and sincere and she is one of the few who looks me in the eyes when she talks to me. You may think that's not a big deal but let me tell you, it is.

Photobucket

This group of girls has already been such a blessing to me. You can just tell that they are hungry to learn, they may not know it or admit it...but I know. I can't tell you how much I love each of them. I love them for trusting me. I love them for being honest. I love them for showing up. I know some of the hurts of their pasts and it is such a testament of God's grace that he is entrusting them to my care.

Photobucket

No comments: