Friday, July 18, 2008

New Perspective

I've been hanging out in the Hole a lot lately and I've just really enjoyed my time there. I'm getting to know a lot of the kids and I've even made a friend with one of their moms. There is nothing more rewarding than walking into that desolate place and hearing "Goody" screamed before I can barely see who's screaming it. There is nothing sweeter. I have truly grown to love these kids. I have also grown to love photographing them. Not to mention, they are so used to my camera I believe they are making my photos better because they know how to pose now! :)

Last week, an old friend was here leading a group and is a camera nut too. I always enjoy when there are people here that love photography because I always learn something new. I sat with him for 5 minutes and learned a bunch of great new stuff on my Nikon D-70. I've had this camera for over two years and I am STILL learning.

So anyway, here a few shots from this week that I've been playing around with. Hope you enjoy!

Always gotta have a photo of the brothers, my photo fiends

Graffiti wall

My Maria, she has a special place in my heart because my sister, Abbey, has Down Syndrome too!

Little Minino

Rooster

Simon - Nothing like starting the day out in your undies

No comments: