Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Clase de Arte

For the last several weeks, my buddy Jen (fellow missionary) and I have been volunteering at the community center teaching an art class to some little ones. It has been a great opportunity not only for me to work on using my spanish, but to do something outside of my "job title" and work with something I love. Art has always been a huge passion of mine (jen as well) and it has been so awesome to be able to work with these 6-9 year olds and make some things available to them that may not ordinarily be.

We also have the opportunity to share Christ's love with them as we start each class with prayer and a couple songs about God. Then we begin class by letting them know what we are going to work on for the day. Jen, who has more experience teaching kids, comes up with the lesson and I am her 'helper.' We have been focusing on shapes for most of the classes so far. Just showing them how many things are in day to day life that have shapes in them such as circles, triangles or squares.

Below are some pictures from last week's class. Enjoy!!!!













No comments: