Thursday, March 15, 2007

24 weeks!

I know I probably say this every time, but I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already! I am officially 6 months pregnant which seems just totally insane since I found out I was pregnant when I was only 2 weeks along. At times, I feel like it has been forever and times I can't believe that we have less than four months left.

We had another Dominican doctor's appointment today. It went great! Another good bill of health for baby Landon. It was so crazy, that just 5 weeks ago, Dr. Gonell only had to go a short distance on my stomach to see Landon in full. Today, he had to go from the bottom of my stomach all the way to my ribs to get a full shot. He has grown SO much in such a short time. I've only gained about 3-5 pounds (3 on the scale in the doctor's office, 5 on the baggage scale at the airport!). But I think that I had lost some "extra baggage" since the food I eat here is all natural. I'll have to watch myself back in the states.

Landon is approximately 8 inches long and weighs a pound. The heart was beating perfectly and he said that I am in perfect health as well. He took a femur measurement and said that we are right on track for 24 weeks. Landon has been a bundle of movement, especially in the last two weeks. Not only has Mike been able to feel him move, but you can see him kicking around just by staring at my stomach. Pretty amazing. The other night, from 4-6:30am, I couldn't sleep a wink because he was kicking and somersaulting all over the place. I just couldn't help but laugh thinking about what a little baby can do in there for 2 1/2 hours. Praise Jesus for all His provisions and protection. The only thing I am needing some prayer for is MAJOR heart burn. I'm doing what I can to limit it, but I guess it's just a natural part of pregnancy. Below is the latest belly picture, definitely getting a bit more round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did they put you on something for your heart burn? prilosec or something like that? there's no reason to be miserable. beth was on prilosec or something like that for the last half of her pregnancy and she said it was a life saver. just a thought. love you

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
I read your blog every once and awhile, I am so excited for you and Mike. Don't know if you heard or not, but I'm pregnant too! Due on May 24th. I've had horrible indigestion too...it sucks. But anyway I have found so much relief in Papaya Enzymes, don't know if you can find them over there, but maybe someone can send you some. They work like magic and they are all natural.

love you girl,
Mandy Houle (Elsberry)