Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 3 - The Body and a Look into the First Trimester

In week three we discussed our bodies. What nutrients we need, how we can find them, what substances we should avoid and how we can use our bodies as temples...in a Godly way.

We welcomed a new member to our girls group named Iveth. A super shy, quiet girl. Our youngest at the age of ten. There's just something about her though. This really calm confidence. I know she's going to be an awesome addition to this group.

Photobucket

As a fun activity, I brought a bunch of fashion magazines. For those of you that know me, Elle and Glamour are my guilty pleasures! I printed two photos of each of their faces and had them choose two of their favorite outfits from the magazines. One outfit that is God-honoring and still fashionable and another outfit that is a bit risk-ay and too sexy for their age. To be honest, I think they really liked looking for the ridiculously sexy outfit more. But some of these girls, man, they have some good taste in fashion!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our class was nicely interrupted by an all-out, torrential downpour. Like, I haven't seen anything like this in a long time and I certainly haven't ever experienced it while in The Hole.



I don't have any photos of my pregnancy group but we talked through the first trimester of pregnancy. I show them pictures of the baby and how it looks inside their tummy and we read about all the changes that are happening. This has been my favorite class so far. They had no idea that their babies had fingernails and a beating heart and already had limbs. It was really cool to see them really make the connection between what was happening to their body and their babies. It was like the bonds really started. Which, for me, is what I've been hoping for. That these bonds would form early, that these girls would realize how amazing our God is and how incredible his creation is. It was a good day.

If you would like to partner with this ministry, please contact me at amanda.braisted@go-ministries or go to the GIVE tab at the top of this page to find out how.

1 comment:

Lauren Taylor said...

I love reading your posts on these classes! What a beautiful thing the Lord is doing! Go Goody!