Sunday, January 28, 2007

Possessed Technology



Another week is just beginning. The past couple days have kinda been crazy in the Braisted household. We got an e-mail from the office on Thursday night saying that I needed to put together a video. Friday morning, Will, Tim and I went to shoot the video in a town named La Mosca, which means "The Fly." We got all the footage we needed and it was going super smooth. I got home to start working on the video and I go to plug in the video camera to start downloading footage and...nothing. It wouldn't recognize that the devise was plugged in. I had done this at least 100 times last year when I was working on all the presentations for the teams. Never any problems. So we tried the video camera in Will's laptop...nothing. We tried the camera in my laptop...it worked...sort of. Ironically, my laptop has a program called iDVD (I have a Mac laptop). Well in iDVD, you can only burn to a DVD, no problem, except...my laptop doesn't have a DVD burner. I had called the MAC people and they said, if I had bought my laptop 6 months later, it would have had a DVD burner. Why the HECK would you put a DVD program on a laptop that isn't capable of burning DVDs? Back to square one.

So at least we new the tape and video camera worked. So we tried it again. Nothing. So Will brought over his video camera to do it in the program that he has done videos on. He forgot his charger in the states. His video camera didn't work. So we frantically called other missionaries to see if they had video cameras...one did, she left it in the states. AHHH. So we found another video camera, the same one Will had, used the charger, plugged in Will's camera, we're SAVED! Nope...wouldn't work. At this time, I had already cried at least 3 times by this point and was now laughing at the situation. Nothing else I really could do. Was this Satan? It had to be. Does he crawl into computers? What on Earth would cause three laptops and 3 video cameras to not work the way they had worked just a couple months previously?

So we grabbed another laptop. Nothing. NOTHING WORKED! We had nearly given up. Then all of a sudden like the crazy devine spark of fire, Will just plugged the camera in and it recognized it. No way. We had done the same thing 15 times before and it didn't work, now it did. I wasn't going to question it. All this time I had been praying to God. Not to save me (like I would have prayed in the past) but that He would show me his purpose and that it would only grow my Faith in Him.

Long story short (ha!), we got the presentation done. God swooped in. We still have no idea what happened to our "technological items" on that dreary Dominican night, but God found one more way for me to totally put my trust in Him, no matter what the outcome.

I want to do more videos like it. It kinda brought something out in me. I never really liked cinematography before, but I really like doing the whole script and camera thing. So if you're interested in seeing the video...check it out on youtube. On the side of our blog, there's a link that says, "La Mosca Video." Just click.

More updates to come.

1 comment:

Jackie Perez said...

Love the video!!! Can't wait for more to come!
Peace.
Jackie