Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Video Camera

Photobucket
Those of you who read our blog and follow our journey know I'm the Coordinator of Photography for G.O. Ministries, Inc.. I have the unique opportunity to capture life and ministry in the Dominican Republic and Haiti through the perspective of the lens. Because being a missionary is a "job" in which we rely solely on the support of others, all of the equipment I use needs to be donated or have the funds donated in order to purchase.

Recently, a former college professor of mine, donated the money so I could buy a new Nikon D90 for my work here. Because of his generosity, the work that I am so privileged to be able to do has improved greatly.

But besides being a photographer, I have also become sort of a videographer as well. Although I have no training and really no idea what I am doing, it is something that God has allowed me to use alongside of the photography I love. For the last three years, I have been using a video camera that was donated to the ministry through another one of our missionaries. It has been an incredible asset to my work. But like all things electronic, its life has come to an end. Hence the purpose of this post.

Mike and I have purchased the video camera in the photo above. It is not necessarily in our budget to do so, but we believe that it was a necessary purchase to do what I do...which is raise awareness and be an advocate for the Dominican and Haitian people through the use of media. On faith we purchased this video camera for our organization and on faith I make this post that there is someone who has been looking for an avenue to be a financial help and may have found it today.

The cost of the video camera was $400.00. If you feel so moved to donate $5, $10, $100 towards it, I send you a million thanks. Absolutely every bit helps. But I don't want to limit God. I know he wants to grow my faith and the faith of his followers. I know he can do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine. My ministry is an expensive ministry in the sense that the equipment I use is not a $15.00 shovel or $50.00 wheelbarrow to build a church but sometimes thousands of dollars to show the world the amazing work God is doing here.

If you feel so moved to donate toward this purchase and any future purchases for my ministry of media, please go here to find out how you can partner with us. (make sure you indicate you want your donation to go to Braisteds Media Equipment)

Below is an example of one of the videos I have done.

No comments: