Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Letting God Work

The past two weeks have been great. Spending the week with Kansas City Baptist was a blessing from God and this past week finishing up the preparations for the IWU Soccer trip has kept us busy. It has been great to be a part of the work God is doing here in Santiago. As we finish the preparaions and wait for IWU to arrive it is amazing to think about the work God will do while they are here. He won't just be working in the lives of the Dominican's and Haitians, He will be working in the lives of the 20 team members coming down and the staff here with G.O. Ministries.

Something that God has shown me the past couple of weeks is to allow Him to work. We do a lot of work to prepare for the teams to come down. We work out every detail that is involved in a week long missions trip. Sometimes the focus goes towards making sure those details are worked out, making sure the team is where they need to be and making sure the activities are going well. As we prepared for KCBT to arrive God sat me down and said, you have made the preparations now allow me to do my part. I look back at that week and think about how amazing God is when He is allowed to work.

I only helped a little with the preparations for baseball week, just filling in where I was needed. Soccer week lands on my shoulders, this is why God has called me here. As time gets closer and plans fall into place it's time for me once again to step back for God to do His work. As hectic as the week may seem as it goes by, I will be able to look back and say thank you Jesus for the work you did.

Thank you all for the consant prayers!

No comments: