Monday, October 23, 2006

Good friends...

A good friend reminded me today about a verse that is so applicable to my life right now (and possibly yours):

"Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6

I (amanda) have been struggling with a few things lately, mostly just being emotionally overloaded, and have been looking for a little peace. And that verse just put all of my emotions in perspective knowing that I am here in the DR, for God's purpose and not for anyone else. He has me in this place in my life for a reason, and it is my job to trust that he knows the way.

I think that sometimes I just make this whole relationship with God so much more difficult than it needs to be. He has the plans. He knows the way. He is in the driver's seat. All I have to do is sit back, put my seatbelt on and enjoy the scenery. If what I do is with good intentions to further God's kingdom, there is nothing more that I can do to please Him. And it doesn't matter who else is pleased in the process. You know, God sure knew a lot when he wrote the Bible.

On a side note:

Please keep Mike and I's friend, Katie, in your prayers. She is going into her 9th month of pregnancy with her and her husband's first child. Today the doctor found a little glitch in the tube that lead's from Grace's (the baby) bladder to her kidneys. The doctor says its something to keep an eye on, but it may fix itself. Please pray for a healthy delivery and some sanity for the new parents as they prepare for Grace's arrival.

3 comments:

Lisa's Lamppost said...

Hey I can't wait to see you tomorrow and catch up on all that I missed. I am glad about the apartment situation too. GO GOD!!

Anonymous said...

HEYYYYYYYYYY

So I check hte blog all the time but after the 8th you quit writing for a while so not I check and I have missed 4 blogs... geesh~

Sounds like you have a lot going on in that pretty head of yours and you finally realized to breath and take it one thing at a time. You are so funny sometimes. I am excited for you to come home but the weather has not been so nice... blah blah blah.. rain cold gross up north.

I am preparing for our Halloween party this Saturday. and I have a sweet costume and I would tell you all about it but wont for fear you have no clue who they are and think I am a fool... ey I guess I will tell ya.
Casey is going to be Dog the Bounty Hunter and I am going to be Beth Smith his wife... SO FUNNY... and if you dont know who they are I suggest you look em up immediately. So funny... big boobs, mullets, and high heels OH MY!!! hahhaha
I also turned my sisters front yard into a graveyard with my crafty ways!! I AM GOOD. hahahha

So glad to hear about the apartment and about the car situ here in the states! thats awesome. Also excited about mikes news about the soccer camp... wahoo.

Keep checkign the schedule and selfishly hoping for an extra weekend! but I know that jsut cant happen. Hope you two take a day for yourselves in there!

I LOVE AND MISS YOU SOOOOOOO BAD

You are an inspiration...

T

Anonymous said...

Goody and Mike... hope you enjoy your time in the States! Wish I could see you sometime but will just have to send my prayers. Love.