Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fun Night with the Kids









These past few weeks have been absolutely amazing! Mike and I have caught up on some much needed sleep, we have watched a few movies, we finished up our 7-week basketball league, Audrey and I started our excersize routine AND I started Spanish school! I LOVE SPANISH SCHOOL, besides the fact that it is at 8:00 am and we walk there and have to leave at 7:30. It has really helped me just clarify things and it has challenged me to be bolder in my attempt to speak spanish to the Dominicans.

We are officially leaving Santiago October 26th which gives us about two more months here to get some things done, but that also means we have two months to set up meetings with supporters and future supporters. If you need to meet with Mike and I, please don't hesitate to e-mail us or post a comment so we can put you on our calendar. We are going to be home until the first or second week in January and will be doing a major fund-raising tour, so we are able to go to any church where there is an opportunity for us to speak at. Please let us know if you have any contacts as well.

The pictures above are pictures from Tuesday night. G.O. has a group of 15 men (dominicans from the ministry) in Columbia for a month. So Tuesday, we took all the kids from the families who's dads are gone so that the mom's had a night to themselves. We bought pizza for them and watched Madagascar on the big projector and played games for 3 hours! It was so much fun and the kids really seemed to enjoy themselves. It's amazing how much energy children have! It made me feel old. Three hours with them and I was ready to go to bed at 9:00! But it was a great night of bonding with the other missionaries and bonding with the kids. Several of the families that work for G.O. don't live in our neighborhood so it was great to be able to see the kids from other parts of Santiago.

Well, I suppose that is it for now. I have marked on my calendar to update our blog every Tuesday. Please hold me accountable to that! If something else big goes on in between tuesdays, I will put in an extra update. Thanks to all of you regular blog visitors...it means a lot to Mike and I. We love you, and miss you all and look forward to seeing many of you in November! Dios les Bendiga! Mike and Mandi

No comments: