Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dios le Bendiga

I've been advised by my best friend that I am not doing a good job of updating this as often as I should. So here I go...

We have been here for a week. It's hard to imagine. Sometimes I feel like we just got in last night and sometimes I feel like we've already been here for two months. We absolutely love it here. The final touches are coming together on our apartment. You know me...decoration comes first! We got our bed (totally comfortable), our inverter is installed (it keeps our lights and fans running when the electricity goes off) and we are probably going to paint sometime next week (I'm so excited for this part). It is such a cute apartment and fits our needs so well. Its not too big so that there is too much cleaning (it gets VERY dusty) and its not too small that we feel cramped. We have about 3 more bigger purchases to go: futon, kitchen table and a washing machine. The futon is about $125.00, kitchen table about $30.00 and a washing machine is about $180.00. (If you want to make a donation to pay for any of these specific things, just let me know) But other than that we are settling in nicely.

As for this week, we are going to be ridiculously busy. A basketball group of about 35 are going to be here this week. We are running clinics, camps, tournaments, etc. for about 100 kids this week. CRAZY BUSY!!! The awesome part is, that we get to go to the beach on Sunday! Woo hoo! I am so pumped for it. I gotta get the rest of me tan that is lacking due to clothes covering them up.

I try not to think about the fact that we have to leave in August...I want to stay so badly. But I am seriously so greatful for the opportunity to be here at all. I love it so much, I just don't want to leave. But I know that God has us in his will...and that's a nice place to be, although its not always comfortable.

That's about it for now...I will try and post again sometime again this week to let you know how the camp is going.

Dios le Bendiga!
(God bless you)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandi, Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I just wrote you this huge long comment and my computer was stupid and kicked me off!! I want to know more than just about your apartment... Goody there are more important things than the color on your walls! How are the people you meet and the places you go. ARe you in a bubble or is it truly a secular world you will be in the mix of? What did you do all day for a week? Seriously the little details you think dont matter are the ones that matter the most! So su me I wanna know about my two best friends that moved across the world from me!

love you both!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I am so happy that things are going well. Susie and I have been praying for you. It was great to get to spend some time with you before you went the DR and to hear from you this way. Keep up the great work! Love you both.

Kenny, Susie, David and Kristina